Let’s face it; no one wants to be locked out of their house or business.
Unfortunately, electronic door locks can sometimes malfunction and leave you stuck outside.
Samsung door locks are no exception and can experience similar problems.
However, with the right troubleshooting skills and knowledge, you can have your door lock up and running again in no time.
Some notable troubleshooting steps for a Samsung electronic door lock that is not functioning include:
- Check the batteries: Make sure you check and replace the batteries if necessary.
- Check the wiring: Ensure all the connections are secure and that no wiring is loose.
- Check the lock mechanism: Make sure the manual locking mechanism is properly engaged and that all components are in working order.
- Reset the lock: Many Samsung electronic door locks have a reset button or feature to reset the entire system.
Samsung electronic door locks are among the most popular in the market, given their ease of installation and operation and their ability to integrate with different smart devices.
This article explores the various problems you could face when using these locks and provides a guide on troubleshooting.
Common Samsung Electronic Door Lock Problems
There are several problems you could face that interfere with the functionality of your Samsung electronic door lock.
- The lock continuously beeps
- The lock fails to open
- Fingerprint functions failing
- The lock fails to lock automatically
- Lock fails to work entirely
- The app fails to connect to the lock
Identifying the cause of the lock malfunctioning is imperative, as different problems need relevant approaches.
Some of these problems you can quickly troubleshoot without engaging a locksmith.
Some, however, are technical and require expertise.
Below we address each of these problems and how to troubleshoot them.
Samsung Electronic Door Lock Fails to Work
If the door lock fails to function abruptly, the first thing is to check whether the basics are well installed. Check to ensure:
- All necessary connections are still connected and operating, including the wi-fi and the app
- The battery level of your device is above 30% as below that level; the lock could malfunction
- All sensors are working and intact. Misplaced sensors alter the functionality of the locks
- There are no physical damages on the lock, as hitting or scratching the lock interferes with the sensors
- Your Bluetooth is on and connecting to the lock
How to Troubleshoot a Samsung Door Lock that Fails to Work
If the above reasons have led to the lock failing to function, here’s how to troubleshoot:
- Ensure batteries are adequately charged
- Ensure the positive and negative sides of the batteries are in the correct position
- Check to ensure the app is on and functional
- Restart your wi-fi to boost its functionality
- On your android or ios phone, ensure the Samsung app is active and connected to your lock
- Handle the lock with care to avoid physical damages
- Ensure you have and insert the correct code
- Engage a qualified locksmith or electrician to work on any failed sensors
Samsung Door Lock Won’t Stop Beeping
Continuous lock beeping is annoying and should prompt you to establish the cause immediately.
Some of the reasons for constant beeping include:
- Low battery level
- Continuously inserting the wrong password
- Using the wrong card
- Malfunctioning sensors
How to Troubleshoot a Samsung Door Lock that Beeps Continuously
To fix the continuous beeping, try these:
- Use charged the batteries
- Check to ensure you insert the correct password. After the fourth insertion of the wrong code, take time to get it right before the final trial.
- If the beeping results from a false alarm, engage the card reader and the tag, then input the password.
- If you’ve tried all this and the beeping continues, engage a qualified locksmith to work on the sensors.
Samsung Door Lock Fails to Open
Here are some of the causes that would lead to the lock not opening:
- Using the wrong code or key card
- Faulty circuit board connections
- Rusty lock motor that won’t detect the battery
- Enabled double lock command
- Dusty lock
- Physical damage
How to Troubleshoot Samsung Door Lock that Fails to Open
Before engaging, a professional locksmith or the Samsung service center, try troubleshooting the lock by:
- Wiping the batteries compartment gently to ensure that no dust or debris is preventing it from functioning
- Ensure the batteries are well inserted with the positive and negative edges properly placed
- Verify the key card and code you’re inserting are the right ones
- Disengage the batteries, then insert them again to jumpstart the entire system
- Check to see if you’ve not authorized the double lock command; if positive, engage the touchscreen for the lock to detach and function.
- If you detect broken circuit connections within, engage a professional electrician to fix them.
Samsung Door Lock App Fails to Function
There are several reasons why the app may fail to activate the lock. They include:
- Poor network connection
- Low data
- Using older versions of the app
- Low battery
- Using the wrong app
How to Troubleshoot a Samsung Door Lock App
Here are several approaches you can implement to activate the app
- Download and install the latest version of the app
- Ensure you have a strong signal when using it
- Connect to strong wi-fi or cellular data
- Restart the devices connected to the lock
- Reinstall and update the app timely
Samsung Door Lock Won’t Lock
Failure to lock automatically can be a result of any of the following:
- Manual locking activated
- Wrong installation of the lock
How to Resolve Automatic Samsung Door Lock Problems
To activate the automatic locking, ensure that:
- The automatic lock function is on
- Manual locking is not activated
- Batteries are properly positioned
- Restart the app
- Check wi-fi connection
Fingerprint Sensor Malfunctioning
There are several reasons why this could happen to the Samsung electronic door lock. They include:
- Dirty fingerprint sensor
- Dusty fingers
- Low battery
How to Troubleshoot a Malfunctioning Fingerprint Sensor on a Samsung Door Lock
Try these to activate the sensor:
- Gently wipe the sensor with a paper cloth to remove any dust and debris
- Wipe off the dust on your hands
- Reset the fingerprint reader
- Check to verify the battery isn’t below the level
It’s important to troubleshoot any issues you’re having with your Samsung electronic door lock as soon as possible.
Remember, if you’re unable to diagnose and solve the problem yourself, a qualified locksmith or the Samsung service center should be able to help.
With these tips, your door will remain secure and easy to access at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions
My Samsung door lock won’t open from the inside; how do I go about it?
To resolve this, remove and reinstall the batteries correctly and ensure they are high on power.
Also, verify that the lock is not set to manual and that double locking isn’t activated.
How do I turn off the Samsung door lock beeping from outside?
To halt the lock beeping from outside, use a valid card, connect it to the card reader, and insert the password.