Adjustable beds are making a mark nowadays. Previously, these beds were a common sight in hospitals and nursing homes.
The reason was that they aid in improving the blood circulation of the patients and make it easy to move them.
However, only recently, the consumer interest in adjustable beds started growing.
The International Sleep Products Association discovered that 10% of the consumers owned an adjustable bed.
The perks they bring, such as enhanced comfort, lead to an improved sleep cycle and a healthier lifestyle.
What is a Tempurpedic Adjustable Bed?
The Tempurpedic Adjustable Mattresses have been pretty popular in the sleep industry. Its vast series is known for the luxury, dense foam produced with premium material.
The company has produced an incredibly adjustable power base. Even though their bases are pricier than the other brands, they last longer and bring multiple features.
Check out the three most famous Tempurpedic base options:
- Ease 2.0: This is the basic frame with the head and foot moving up/down
- Tempur Ergo: This is a middle-tier power base with all the essential options
- Tempur Ergo-Extend: This one is the premium frame with whistles and bells
This review breaks down detailed instructions about Tempur Pedic beds and how you can adjust them to optimize comfort.
Let’s begin with the basics!
Tempurpedic Adjustable Bed Features
A Tempurpedic Adjustable Bed is an incredible option to improve comfort and assist with your medical issues.
Before you put your finger on the best base option, you should study the general features of this bed.
This is a feature found in all categories.
Found in all models.
The height of the power base can swiftly change by adding or removing 3-inch segments found in all models.
Two USB ports on each bedside allow charging devices (except the Ease model).
The movement of the head and foot demonstrates weightlessness. It also allows for minimizing the backpressure. This feature is found on all models.
It will gently incline the mattress towards an anti-snore position (except for the Ease model)
A Tempur-Pedic sleep application produces a sleep pattern of the users and displays it on a gadget. This option is unavailable on the Ease and Ergo Power Model.
It also follows the voice commands sent through Alexa or Hey Google. This option is unavailable on Ease and the Ergo Power Model.
This option is to lift the head and neck to increase comfort when people are watching TV, eating, or reading.
This option is only present on the Ergo Extension model.
Adjusting Process for Tempurpedic Adjustable Bed
The adjusting process for Tempurpedic beds requires two people to handle the task. The company will send its experts to set the bed for you in most cases.
But, if you wish to set it up yourself and think that it will take a whole day, don’t worry. The entire process will consume 45 minutes of your time if everything is in its proper condition.
Adjustable Bases Structure
The overall aesthetic of Tempurpedic Adjustable Bed is the same as others in the industry.
You get a metallic frame with a dark grey fabric on the outside. This neutral look makes them perfect for all bedroom colors.
The structure of Tempurpedic is known for its durability, strength, and squeaky-free features.
All Tempurpedic mattresses have frames that are lasting and of high quality. The bed frame doesn’t squeeze when you lift the headrest or adjust its position.
The appearance of one model may differ from the other. For example, Ergo Extend seems to have a distinct design compared with Ease 2.0 and Ergo.
The metal frame is wrapped with fabric. Plus, the model is relatively silent than other bed frames.
Overall, the motor structure is the same in all models and seems to be less noisy and durable than others in the market.
Wireless Remote and Features
The remote of Ergo and Ergo Extend is almost the same.
The three models discussed above come with a wireless remote. The Ergo and Ergo Extend come with more buttons and extended features.
Each of these remotes provides you with the option to lock your position. The comparison of these three remotes is conducted as follows:
- You can move your head up or down
- It has a dedicated flat option
- You can move your feet up or down
- It has a zero-gravity option
Ergo and Ergo Extend
- It has a flashlight option
- It provides an anti-snore mode
- There is an under-bed lightening
- There is a memory button for your favorite position
- It contains under-USB ports
- It has a three-speed massage option
Tempurpedic Ergo Adjustable Base Troubleshooting
There could be many reasons why an adjustable Tempurpedic base stops working. Some measures you can take to fix the problem are:
- Check if the power cord is correctly plugged into the power supply
- Program your wireless remote and ensure that the Power Down box is accessible
- Unplug the cord, wait for 60 seconds, and then plug it again to reset the electronic components
- Check the electric circuit breaker and surge protection device to ensure it isn’t tripped
- Replace the batteries in the wireless remote and ensure they are correctly installed
The Tempurpedic Ergo Adjustable Base Troubleshooting method has proven quite effective.
Problems on other bases can also resolve once the users evaluate the model and research the specific issues.
You can also analyze the Tempurpedic Ergo Adjustable Base Troubleshooting method to understand how you can fix issues in other models.
You must seek professional assistance if you aren’t sure about the complexity of the issue.
Tempurpedic Adjustable Bed Models
After surveying the remote of each model, it is necessary to dissect these models and understand what makes each different from the other.
Ease Power Base
This is the primary level of the adjustable beds that you can operate through a wireless model.
You can use the remote to lift the foot/head to optimize your comfort while it gives a zero-gravity impact.
- It is less expensive than other Tempurpedic adjustable frame models
- There are various size options
- This is a basic model with no extra features
- There is no split-queen size available in this model
Ergo Power Base
The Ergo Power Base model is one of the most renowned models by Tempurpedic. It contains all the essential features of the Ease model.
However, some additions like the USB port and under-bed lighting make this model fancier than the previous model.
As mentioned before, the quiet mode of this model makes it distinct in the series. It allows the user to raise the header 12-degrees into the anti-snore position.
- The price of this model is balanced and affordable
- Some features like massage zone and quiet mode make them one of a kind
- There are many size options, including the split-queen size
- It lacks the smart features
- There aren’t regular twin sizes available in these models
Ergo Smart Base
The Tempur Ergo Smart Base brings an integrated sleep system that carries all the Ergo power base features.
It also contains some sophisticated options that are unavailable in others. The smart features (absent in Ergo Power Base) help users understand and improve their sleep patterns.
- Detects the snores of the users
- Carries smart features like sleep coaching tips
- There are many sizes in this model, including split-queen
- It doesn’t have a regular twin
- This is a pricier adjustable bed compared to its counterparts
Ergo Extend Base
Ergo Extend Base is a top-notch model with loads of features.
These include a design with an improved mattress shape. It is designed to increase the comfort level when you lie on it.
The head lift has a slight tilting option, not found in others. This allows the user to read or watch TV without any discomfort.
Also, this model has four massage zones, not two.
- The enhanced comfort options make it easier to use it for all age groups
- It is a feature-rich model compared with others
- The price of this model is higher than others
- There are limited size options as it isn’t available in regular, twin, or split-queen sizes
Attach the Headboard to Tempurpedic Adjustable Beds
When you begin the task of adjusting the headboard of the Tempurpedic adjustable bed, make sure you get a headboard bracket kit.
You have to take the following steps for its installation:
Step # 1: Assemble the bracket
- Use a wireless remote to raise the size of the headboard.
- Position the bracket on a square tube frame. When doing so, ensure that the open side of the channel faces outboard.
- Align the inner headboard bracket holes against the square tube frame holes. There should be a 1.5 – 2 inches distance between the adjustable base and bracket assemblies.
Step # 2: Attach the headboard against the brackets
- Find a center-to-center distance of mounting holes in the headboard
- Find a center-to-center distance of mounting holes in a headboard bracket assembly
- Lose the bolts holding outer headboard brackets. Move them until they align with mounting holes on the headboard. Install the bolts on the outer headboard and tighten it firmly.
- Position the headboard bolts across mounting holes on the external headboard bracket and the headboard. Tighten them firmly.
Step # 3: Put the mattress on a Tempurpedic Adjustable bed
Check the space between the headboard cross and above the mattress. It shouldn’t be more than 3 inches.
Move the Tempurpedic Adjustable Bed Frame
It would help if you were cautious when handling the adjustable beds because they are pretty delicate.
When you move or transport this bed from one place to another, you should pay attention to the following factors:
- Lift the bed from the metallic frame beneath it. Ensure that you lift the adjustable base so that it doesn’t topple over. The legs of the bed shouldn’t be leveraged because they may easily break.
- Keep the bed on its side. Then turn it to an upside-down position. It will help if you get someone else to assist you.
- Ensure that the adjustable bed stays in a flat position when commuting.
Fix the Tempurpedic Mattress Heat Problems
It isn’t always the mattress that makes you feel cool or hot over it. Sometimes, the unique body chemistry affects how you feel on memory foam.
You will find yourself sleeping better on the Tempurpedic mattress if you learn to adjust the temperature.
Remember that the memory foam is supposed to absorb the heat and exhale it through tiny air holes. These foams trap heat because of the following reasons:
- They use a high-density foam mattress
- The response to heat enhances the body contouring
Even though we cannot change the Tempur foam density, we can alter how our bodies respond to the heat factor.
These mattresses come with a light terry cloth cover. It acts as an obstruction between your body and the memory mattress.
But, if you feel warm even with the cover, you should add an insulation pad to it. The thicker the insulation gets, the longer it takes for bodily heat to reach the Tempurpedic mattress.
Insulation means that the Tempurpedic mattress cannot contact the body temperature.
Some more suggestions to make the Tempurpedic foam more comfortable include:
- You should have fewer blankets on yourself
- Ensure that you have terry cloths
- Keep windows open and ventilate the room well before you hit the mattress
How to Reset the Adjustable bed?
A Tempurpedic Adjustable Mattress comes along with an enhanced reset function.
It will reboot the system from zero, enabling the users to adjust according to their requirements.
This reset is necessary when:
- A component is eliminated
- The bases don’t synchronize during the function
- There is a system error
- There is a power outage
You should also know the following steps when you want to reset your adjustable beds:
- Press the FLAT button for a while
- Don’t release the FLAT button until the LCD alters from FLAT to RST
- Hold this button for 30 to 60 more seconds as the bed moves forward or backward
- The reset process finishes without any audible sounds or movements for at least 10 seconds
Things to Consider when Purchasing A Tempurpedic Adjustable Bed
When you are out there looking for a bed frame, you should understand all the essential features:
- Price: The Tempurpedic mattress is generally understood as a luxury brand. But even though they are expensive, the features you receive are worth the expenditure. The high-end frame also needs a top-quality mattress.
- Weight Capacity: The Tempurpedic power frame can tolerate 650 pounds evenly distributed across the mattress. But this frame can’t tolerate this weight in the head or foot section only.
- Size: The bases of these beds are designed with smaller dimensions than the mattresses that support bedroom furniture.
- Return policy: The Company offers no return policy.
- Mattress Compatibility: The Tempurpedic adjustable bed frame is viable for all kinds of soft mattresses. This includes latex foam, memory, airbeds, and hybrids.
- Size: You can find the Tempurpedic foam in different sizes. You can find a bed frame ranging from twin to queen or California king.
- Delivery: The Company offers white gloves on its delivery. Without any additional charges, bed frames arrive at your doorstep with the offer to set them up.
- Customer reviews: It is always essential to understand how customers rate a product. A notable frustration is that people claim a warranty when the frame breaks or stops working.
The Perks of Having An Adjustable Base
When you start sleeping on the Tempurpedic foam, you will significantly improve your sleep. It enables you to sleep in a position that relieves your body pressure.
The Tempur Ergo is one of the high-end mattresses that benefits in ways not common in other mattresses.
Plus, the Tempurpedic Ergo Adjustable Base Troubleshooting methods are easy to work with.
Besides this, some quality bases will also help you ease the pain associated with Arthritis. They will also help users with joint and back pain, acid reflux, or sleep apnea.
This foam is highly enduring and stands atop the list of all other benefits. Most adjustable bases will last for up to ten years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it possible to adjust the height of a Tempurpedic bed?
The leg attachments are available in 3-inch increments that you can attach to the desired height.
The Ergo and Ease bases may extend up to 12 inches in leg height. Meanwhile, the Ergo Extend has a 9-inch height.
You can use these power bases with or without the legs.
How can I set the most favorite position on Tempurpedic?
You have to press and hold the Star button. Opt for yes when the remote prompts you to save as your favorite.
The base will reflect the recent favorite position that you have saved.
How to make the Tempurpedic mattress higher?
You have to add a memory foam mattress on the top to increase the height of this mattress.
A regular memory foam mattress can be placed on the mattress to increase the memory foam’s height, comfort, and thickness without buying the foam altogether.
Does Tempurpedic have adjustable beds?
The company has various adjustable beds to ensure that you get personalized options. You can also get a bed tailored to your requirements.
The services provided by the company, including delivery and setup, make it one of the best in the industry.
Finding the right adjustable bed could be a challenge. But once you do so, you will feel a significant improvement in your sleep patterns and lifestyle.
It is essential to learn the ins and outs of these adjustable beds to ensure that you make the most from these models.
Overall, the bed frames are feasible, but we believe you should look for a frame that looks great and remains sturdy.
Tempurpedic is a luxury brand with options for everyone. The investment in these beds will not disappoint you, even in the long term.